Monday, November 26, 2018

MAY 2018 MEETING

MULTI-LEVEL EMBOSSING

If you have seen the book   DECORATED LETTERING by JAN PICKETT,   you know that it is a great book but did you notice the embossing segment? 


                             Decorated Lettering by [Pickett, Jan]

Studying the photos and the instructions, I realized that this would be a great idea for my annual book swap and after making about 14 or 15 alphabet books, and cutting every letter out so I had a set of the whole alphabet, I decided it was something the guild members would likely enjoy as well. 

I prefer to design the letter and all the interior pieces that need to be cut out to make up the multi levels, and then cut out the little bits first before cutting out the whole letter. It just seems to me to be easier to manage the cuts without wrecking what I have designed. 




Arches Text Wove is a wonderful paper to use for embossing. I use a piece of wax paper to rub over the back of the paper where I am going to use the embossing stylus. That bit of wax lets the stylus glide better. You still have to be careful when pulling those strokes down or pushing them up!

No comments: